Monday, June 11, 2012

Error initializing Java Runtime Environment. You may need to reinstall Flash .... Solved

A few days ago i had this problem at Flash CS5 startup, i searched on google and found so many topics talking about this, i tried every link in the first 2 pages in google and none of the methods they introduced helped me to solve this, But here what i tried so it might help you:
  1. Reinstalling Flash CS5 and JRE.
  2. Fixing the file c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Flash CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini (it's a path on XP). The memory parameter must be equal to "-Xmx128m"
    Note: Path on windows 7 "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS5\en_US\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0"
  3. "this is due to recent JAVA upgrade", I uninstalled java and downloaded earlier version, i also stopped automatic update as discussed here http://www.java.com/en/download/help/javacpl.xml
  4. I tried the solution discussed on adobe help .. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/error-error-initializing-java-runtime.html
  5. I also tried http://www.kevin-deleon.com/2010/12/solution-for-java-runtime-environment-error-in-flash-cs-4/ , Note : On windows 7 Java Preferences.app can be accessed through the registery HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs

I was about to give up but then I got an idea to show the administrator account and try the flash there and it worked ! , yea it took me about an hour to copy my user files from the previous account to the new administrator one, set up my cool desktop but the problem was solved and you can also keep your account and have two accounts one for flash and one for everything else.


Hope this helps :)

7 comments:

  1. this is true but when i reinstalled flash then after i run my application 3 to 4 times after that same problem is there this error is happened again what can i do for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually I'm on administrator user, and have the same problem on my Flash CS6. I cannot find any solution, running out of hair to pull out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much.

    This has resolved the error.

    I have changed it to 256 and it also worked fine.

    You saved my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your information I have a blog about
    Tutorial Adobe Flash CS5

    ReplyDelete